Some of you may feel that this post is very demotivating and disappointing. Well, that is my intention. To bust the myth and mystery around the topic make money blogging niche and tell you 5 Common Problems of Every Blogger that You Should Know.
I will tell you stuff that you may not have heard from anywhere else. Because making money online or Make Money Blogging Niche is a Big Secret and here I am trying to burst the bubble.
Lets start then, shall we,
1. Finding blog niches that 'make money by Blogging' is ToughThis would be an introduction to the whole money making niche. I will explain the difference between a normal 9-5 hours job and blogging.
9-5 hours jobThis is around 8 hours of work. You go in the morning, do the required work, finish some assignments, talk to clients, get shouted or appreciated by Boss and travel back to your home.
At the end of each month, you will get a consistent pay check. Simple way of making money.
In a month, you can take sick leaves, holidays, travel for assignments etc. and get the same amount of salary at the end of the month. You may have assistants whom you can assign some of your work and help you cover up the target.
Common Problems of Every Day BloggingI am talking about full time blogging and not the part time hobby type writing. This is just as 9-5 hours job however with some more extra hours. A blogger gets 8 hours of sleep, 2 hours for daily chores and 14 hours of work daily. Bloggers get up in the morning thinking how much revenue I got for the past day, does Google announced a new algorithm change, did my post from yesterday got indexed and does Google ban or penalize the website.
14 hours of work consists of researching keywords, reading other blogs, checking Analytics, checking out previous posts and comments and writing posts. At the end of the month, you get small chunk of money depending on your work, Google's mercy and probably God's bless.
This money can fluctuate like a kite in the sky. Going as low as 50% less than the previous month revenue.
In a month, bloggers don't take any leaves, holidays and you travel for work to work. If you get sick, be happy that someone will have to do the daily chores while you can write more content.
Isn't it obvious, you are all alone. No Assistants and no bosses. You shout at yourself for all the mistakes and bad decisions.
Sometimes I used to think is there a way to not to sleep and keep working. This way I can at least reach and get some results in blogging field. Sometimes I get so demotivated that I do not want to do this anymore and just throw all it away. It is always about keeping it real and working from the bottom up.
2. Effective Mantra For Making Money by BloggingThis is very important.
You may be thinking that I will start a tech blog, write some content on Android mobiles, or Amazon products. Or maybe the so called ever green niches of health and fitness, travel and make money online etc. and voila! there is money flowing like anything. It does not work like that at all.
You can make money from blogging but it is not a money making business. Just as for every business, blogging has high risks, high competition and needs high level of commitment and dedication.
Out of hundred people who start a blog, only 12-15 people continue blogging for three months full time and out of that 2-3 actually make some money. So considering the evergreen niche ideas, well, others are also thinking the same.
When I started blogging, It took me the whole first month and 12-14 hours of work daily to earn 4$. Yes you heard it right. Just 4 dollars.
Second month it increased to 25$ and then in third month, it was 50$. I was so happy to see that my efforts were bringing results. Suddenly Google announced an Algorithm change and adsense earnings dropped suddenly. I got 12$ in the fourth month and it continued for some months. It took me 14 hours of work everyday for 90 days to get back in track.
3. How to make money with a blog for beginners | ChallengesI am guessing that you already have some ideas about that.
Google Ad sense and blogging problemsGoogle has a program called ad sense where they give a small commission for showing advertisements in the website. This is only few cents for a thousand page views.
You can just search around CPM, RPM and CTC as keywords and find out more about it. This all depends on your site theme, content and number of users in your blog.
What type of blogs make the most money: Affiliate Marketing and problems with blogs.Bloggers write product reviews and add a buy link or check out link for that product. The user clicks the link, goes to merchant site and buy the product and the bloggers gets some commission. That is called affiliation marketing.
Ready to face the truth.
It is very hard to get conversion [The whole process of a user reading product review in your website, clicking the link and buying the product]. Mostly users do not click the link. If they do, they just close it. Some users wait to see the product page and close it after checking out reviews, warranty and price. Out of that, few goes to check out page and drop out after seeing shipping charges.
Some retailers do not store cookies of users. This means, if users save the product and later buy it, then you won't get any money. If a user do buy a product, then you may get a commission of 4-12% depending on the commission rate offered by retailers.
Check one my post on How to Promote Affiliate links Without Website | 18 Ways
Busting the Myth of Sponsored ReviewsThis is the funny part.
Majority of the "new aspiring to become bloggers" think they can get free products to try from companies and brands and get money to write reviews.
This is just a Blogger's Fallacy [You heard it from me first]
Companies send products only to well known bloggers who has a large audience. Mostly Indian companies do not have such a culture of sending products to try for marketing reach.
Direct AdvertisementsYou can show ads in your website and get money from that. But someone has to give them though. If you have few visitors, no one is going to give ads or even send you an email. You can use commission junction or another pay per click platforms but they all pay cents per click.
4. Busting the Myth of Make Money Blogging Niche Guru's and SEOThere are a number of Guru's who are ready to teach you how to make money blogging. You just have to pay them a couple of thousand or ten thousand dollars for training courses or workshops for SEO [Search Engine Optimization].
This is how they earn. Backlinko, IncomeDiary, neilpatel.com earn money by giving SEO workshops and not by blogging. Blogging is a means to them to get more audience and set an image of popularity and authenticity. They use blogging as a lead generation source than earning from it.
Sample blogs for beginnersAmit from Labnol.org is the first and best professional Indian blogger who still makes money from blogging using advertisements and through selling plugins and addons. Then there is bloggingbasics101 by Jessica Knap who is an excellent source in knowing basics of blogging and she earn from affiliate marketing.
Let us look at the claims made by some Guru's.
Doing SEO is good for the blogs and may increase your ranking factors in Google. But will that help you in long run. NO. Because others also reading the same, doing the same and when Google changes the ranking factor, your post will go down unless you keep up with the changes.
Why Make Money Blogging Niche 2018 is Not Easy Anymore
5. Effective Mantra For Making Money by Blogging: Tips for BeginnersJust do the same things as others have been doing but do better. That is the only way. There is no other way. You can check out my bonus points for starting out as a blogger.
You deserve some bonus points for completing this long post. Here are 3 my favorite blogging tips for beginners.
1. Write about yourself before bloggingWrite at least a 1000 words article on who you are and why you want to start blogging. The post should have subheadings and minor headings. The post should have images, humor, value etc. It should have a concise summary of who you are, your skills, hobbies and education. Keep that with you. You may need it after one month of blogging.
2. Write another article on anything related to your intended topic to know how to write a blogWrite at least a 1000 words article on any topic related to your niche, take few print outs and ask people to read it. Get their comments. This way you will know how your article generates an opinion.
3. Create a list of money making methods of blogging and try the best one without investmentThere are more than hundred ways to make money by blogging. Make a list of them and keep it with you. Select the best one that does not need any investment and work on that.
Do share for other fellow bloggers.
Kindly spend 5 seconds to share this post