Meta tags are used to dramatically improve blog traffic. Meta tags can be added to individual posts and improve traffic on them. However, usually when webmasters tries to add meta tags to their blog templates, they often get parsing XML errors. One major template error they get is, “Error parsing XML, line .., column ..: The element type “meta” must be terminated by the matching end-tag. This means you need to add a “</meta>” tag instead of <meta> tag or do the following steps. Without the knowledge of HTML, it will be hard to find out the error and resolve it. XML needs every element to be closed.
The element type “meta” must be terminated by the matching end-tag “</meta>”
There are two ways to close tags
1. A tag which can be opened by adding “<>” tag and closed by “</>” tag. Eg: <link> </link>, <hl> </hl>, <section> </section> etc.
Likewise meta tag is also used as <meta> </meta>.
2. The other way to close open tags is by adding “/” sign at the end.
2. Press anywhere inside the template and press CTRL F. This is to bring the search inside codes. You can see a search option comes inside the code frame. If you do not press inside the template, you will see a search option outside the code frame.
3. Type “meta” [without quotes] and press search.
4. Go through each tag and look at the end of tag or look at the line number and column number to easily find the error code.
5. Find a tag that is closed like this – <meta content=’Ship Me This’ property=’og:site_name’> 6. Add “/” sign button before the “>” code. Eg: “/>”
The open meta tag looks as: <meta content=’Ship Me This’ property=’og:site_name’> The closed meta tag looks as: <meta content=’Ship Me This’ property=’og:site_name’>
7. Save the blogger template.
8. If the parsing error is again coming, then check all the other meta tags and do the same for all tags.