Keep on reading this article on disadvantages of inverter air conditioner. I will tell you about things that we must consider while buying an inverter ac in India 2018, some tips to reduce electricity bill even while using inverter ac in India 2018 and a list of 10 best inverter ACs currently available in the market. So let us begin.
Window ac or a split ac?The first question that comes to mind is whether to buy a window AC or split AC. A window AC is an AC that directly fits into the window. In window AC, all the components such as a compressor, condenser, and evaporator are in the same unit. In split AC, there are two units.
One of them is installed inside the room and another one outside the room. Here, compressor and condenser are in the unit that is installed outside the room and evaporator in the unit that is installed in the room. So according to your requirements, you can choose which one you should buy. Lets check the advantages and disadvantages of inverter air conditioner.
What is a ton?
Inverter ac or a non-inverter ac?
Non-inverter ACs consist of a rotary compressor. So when you turn on these ACs, their compressor, from the beginning starts working with it’ 100% efficiency. When the required temperature is attained, say 25*C, the compressor stops working. And again after some time when the temperature reaches around 30*C, it starts working. This cycle goes on and on and due to this on and off process, non-inverter ACs consumes more electricity and power.
What are star ratings for inverter ac in india 2018
Though 5 star inverter acs are high in price compared to others, it will save you money in long term.
Copper coil or aluminum coil?
1. Voltas 1.4 ton 3-star inverter ac (copper, 173v JZJ)
- 4 stage filtration
- Unique energy efficient compressor provides steady cooling
- Works smoothly even in fluctuating voltages
- Instant cooling even at 52*c
- Turbo mode cools the room instantly
- Senses the indoor humidity and controls it in the monsoon
2. Godrej 1 ton 5 star split ac (GSC 12 GIA 5 Awog)
• Intelligent air throw mode and UDAT (user-defined air throw)
• Works as a dehumidifier and relieves access of humidity in the room
• The indoor unit fan remains on for 2 minutes after the ac has been turned off. This helps clean all the residual water from the evaporator.
All other normal features like turbo cooling, sleep mode and timer are available as usual.
Check the price
3. LG 1.5 ton 3-star inverter split ac (JS-Q18CPXD2, COPPER)This ac comes with a rotary compressor, which is a huge drawback. But the plus point is that it uses dual inverter technology. It has a varied speed dual rotary compressor that exhibits wider rotational frequency range. And one more advantage of inverter air conditioner is that you get a 10-year warranty on the compressor. Other brands mostly give a 5-year warranty.
Some of its salient features are;
• Dual inverter technology
• Anticorrosion ocean black protection for the copper coil
• JG’s gold fin ensures more corrosion resistance & durability even in extreme weather conditions
• With Himalaya cool technology, get your room cooled as soon as you switch on the ac
• The 3M filters filter keeps out both visible and invisible dust and other pollutants
This ac is priced at 38K on Amazon. But I think that at this price range, this is the best ac available and it’s totally worth the money. So I would strongly recommend buying this ac.
Get it in discount sale
4. Mitashi 1.5 ton 3 star split ac (copper, INA 318K50)A value for money product is all I would say for this ac. You get a lot of features at just 31K.
This ac is priced at 31K at Amazon. Miatshi is a newbie in the field of ACs, but it is an old brand. So it can be trusted. It has some salient features like;
• Use of 100% copper
• High-quality R410A environment-friendly refrigerant
• It comes with anti-dust filters that remove particulate matter from the air like smog, dust mites, pollen, road dust, and bacteria
• Two-way swing allows the air to flow in the vertical direction
• Unlike other ACs, it has a two-way drainage system.
• Multifold evaporator coil
• Its dehumidification process controls the moisture in the room.
It comes with a five-year warranty on the inverter compressor. It has some typical features like sleep mode and timer. Overall this is a very good product.
Check it out
5. Samsung 1.5 ton 3-star inverter split ac (copper, AR18NV3HFTRNNA)This ac by Samsung is world’s first 8-pole digital inverter, which surely is a plus point. Another advantage of inverter air conditioner is that it has a single user mode. Single user mode decreases the working of the compressor when there is only one person in the room, by which you will surely save a lot of money on the electricity bill.
Samsung gives a warranty of 10 years on the compressor. This ac is priced at 33K on Amazon. Some of its bestt features are as follows;
• 8-pole digital inverter saves a lot of energy
• Single user mode decreases usage of energy and works efficiently for one person in the room
• Voltage fluctuation protector
• Fin and chassis protector
This ac by Samsung is surely a good choice. If you are a Samsung fan and trust Samsung then you should go for it.
6. Onida 1.5 ton 3 star inverter ac (copper, IR183IRS)Onida ACs have unique algorithm to deliver powerful cooling. That’s what makes Onida ACs unique. Currently, this ac is priced at 37K on Amazon. I think that according to the features that you get, this ac is slightly overpriced.
You get some features as
• Pet engine for efficient cooling and to ensure high performance of ac
• Work extremely well in the temperature as high as 52*C
• 4 way cooling system instantly cools the room and lets the cool air reach every nook and corner of the room
• Designed in a way where a stabilizer is not needed
• Anti-fungus operation
This ac comes with R32 cooling gas which has nearly zero effect on the environment and on the ozone layer, which I think is a major plus. Overall this product seems to be fine but slightly over-priced which is a disadvantage of inverter air conditioner.
Get it in EMI
7. IFB 1.5 ton 3 star inverter ac (copper, IACC18IA3TC4)This ac is almost similar to the ACs that we’ve discussed earlier. This ac, unlike others has nothing unique within itself. This is priced at 36K on Amazon, which is again I think, the price is unjustified. This ac would’ve been an excellent buy at 32-33K.
Some of the salient features include
• HD compressor works well in extreme conditions
• Titanium coated evaporator repels dust and water
• 6 stage bio clean air filter for ultra cleaning and high air flow
• Earth-friendly R410A refrigerant provides efficient cooling without harming the environment
I strongly recommend buying this ac, but still this ac makes a place on my list because of the trusted brand IFB.
Check it out
8. Whirlpool 1.5 ton 3 star split inverter ac (aluminium, 1.5T 3D cool Eco 3SW)As mentioned above, this ac uses aluminium coil, and earlier in the article I have already discussed why aluminium coils are inferior than copper coils. It is priced at 32 k on Amazon. Again, aluminium coil is the reason behind it’s cheap price. You will find following features in this ac;
• 3D cool technology
• Intellisense inverter technology
• 6th sense power saver technology
• Up to 12m long air throw
• Stabilizer free operations
For this ac also I won’t personally and strongly recommend buying this one. Reason behind this is aluminium coil is used in place of copper coil. Which, I think is a major disadvantage of inverter air conditioner.
Check the features
9. BPL 1.5 ton 3-star inverter ac (copper, A18KI3C8A)
• EER rating of 3.84
• Smart digital display
• Arctic breeze cooling
• 100% copper condenser
If you have a normal usage then you should definitely go for this one. This is the best ac in this price range.
Only in Amazon
10. Blue star 1 ton 3-star inverter ac (copper, BI3CNHW12NAFU)This ac has no features that are appreciable. Like any other normal ac, this has some low-end features. Even though this is priced at 33 k at Amazon, this just a 1-ton ac. Which I think is not justified and highly overpriced.
There is no point in buying an ac for 33 k which is just 1 ton. And again, I won't recommend at all to buy this ac due to this disadvantage of inverter air conditioner. That’s all I can say.
Check the price
New Models have come up in the inverter ac market and here are the list of top new inverter ac models. These were my picks for some good inverter ACs available under the price limit of 40K. now I will tell you some tips, with the help of which, you will be able to save some money on the electricity bill and use your ac efficiently
Money Saving Tips on Inverter ac in India 2018: Buyers Guide1. The first tip is very obvious, always close all the windows and doors of the room. So that the room becomes cool faster and it will be easier for compressor too.
2. Even if the ac is operating, turn on the ceiling fan at its normal speed. With this method, cool air of ac will reach every corner of the room quickly and the room will become cooler in short span of time.
3. Always operate the ac In the range of 23-26*c. if the temperature of the 40*c and you turned on the ac at the temperature of 16*c, the compressor will have to work more. So always use ac at the temperature of 24*c. this is good for both, your health and ac too.
4. Every year before you start using your ac, get it serviced by the professionals. If you use ac all year long, then every month you should clean the filter of the ac.
5. Always use sleep mode of ac when you keep your ac turned on for all night long. Using sleep mode will be better than the normal usage.
So in this article, I have covered all the technical terms and major disadvantages of inverter air conditioner.that you should know before buying the ac. Also, I have made a list of 10 best inverter ACs in the market. And at last, I have provided some tips to use AC efficiently and save some money on the electricity bill.
Kindly spend 5 seconds to share this post