Step by Step Guide to Open an Account with Zerodha Online
Go to Zerodha Website.
- First - Register the account with the required details; Email & Set Password.
- Enter Full name, Email and Mobile.Set a Password.
- Enter Your PAN and Date of Birth - If you have done eKYC or KYC before, it will fetch your details and show whether you are KYC complied or not.
- Pay the Account Opening Fee - Zerodha account opening charges is a one time fee of 500 rs as account opening fee. This account opening charge can be paid online only using net banking wallet or credit card.
- Enter your Aadhaar for esigning
- Enter OTP number
- Fill in few basic details like background details , bank details etc.
- IPV ( In person verification) - Write the unique 4 digit pin displayed to you on a piece on paper and hold it while clicking the IPV images. Make sure the pin is visible to the camera. I did not do this step and directly went to the next step.
- Two options- Aadhaar and Print and courier.
- Choose Aadhaar
- Upload the required documents [Income proof only if you want to trade in NFO and CDS segments]
- Bank proof ( Personalized canceled Cheque/1month Bank statement / Passbook front page xerox) - If you have internet banking, you can easily generate 6 months account statement online and download via pdf. Upload this as Bank Proof. It shows MICR code.
- Income proof (Pay Slip/ITR/6 months bank statement)If F&O segment required. - You can upload the 6 months account statement pdf that is used as Bank proof for this.
- Signature proof - Sign on a white sheet , click a picture and upload
- Pan copy - upload pan copy with self attest ( If not KYC compliance) - I did not do this step and directly went to next step.
- You need to click on “esign Equity” or “esign Commodity” as per requirement. [You have to authorise Digio, to e sign]
- Proceed with Email Verification Code
- E sign is complete
- Now download Demat POA, Commodity ECN forms and print them. As per the SEBI rules, Demat POA & ECN can't be digitally signed. So you have to print and courier this form.
- If your kyc is verified as ekyc-otp-e or n which means that your kyc is in-complete. Zerodha shall process your account but still you will not be able to invest in MF if your kyc status in N and if your kyc is verifed as E-KYC you cannot invest more than Rs 50,000. So to complete your kyc process you have to send the kyc page duly signed by affixing the photograph along with self-attested pan and address proof. Zerodha shall complete your kyc after receipt of the hard-copy. If you are not KYC compliant, you will receive a mail from Zerodha to submit a copy of KYC form also, download that and print it. You have to courier all these to Zerodha office in Bangalore.
- Call anyone at Zerodha and ask how to fill the form and where to sign and try not to make any mistakes. Otherwise you have to resend it again.
- Summary of Documents You need are;
2. Power Of Attorney (Voluntary)
3. Electronic Contract Note (ECN) declaration (Voluntary)
4. Nomination Details - Annexure 1A
Zerodha Online Account Activation
Kindly spend 5 seconds to share this post