1. Refurbish Low Quality PostsYou may have a thousand posts in your website or blog, but I am sure that only a handful posts gives you traffic. Most of the posts will not even be ranked in Google search results. It is wise to go back and check these posts and add more quality content, create back links and republish. Or you can refurbish the posts with new content and this will improve your site's rankings in Google.
Pack Your Site TightGoogle expects your site to be tightly packed with expert content on the niche or topic that your site is related. If you have low quality content in your posts, that will generate bad quality signals for your site and reduce search rankings.
These are done using specific keywords related to the topic. Use Google Instant search to find out the keywords and the bold words displayed in Search results. Adding them to the post will improve rankings.
Change Old post titlesMaybe some of your posts are having good content but have a low quality post title. Change the post titles and wait for the magic to happen. You can increase social shares more than 25% Free Headline Analyzer Tools.
2. Focus on Content And EngagementThe 2 magic words of getting high rankings are relevancy and originality. The content that you generate should be relevant for the target audience. You may have expertise in something but if no wants to read about it, your sites rankings is going to fell apart. Go to Ad words keyword tool and find out what people are searching for. Make content related to those keywords.
Search for problems that users are having and find out answers. You can only succeed in improving rankings by solving problems of people. High paying keywords can bring more value to the posts and overall increase the content value.
Improve User Experience in multiple browsers;
- Internet Explorer
- UC Browser
- Android Webview
- Chromeless 1.2.0
- Opera Mini
- United States
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
3. Your Site is a Product
- Run a subscribe campaign
- Add a rich card to your post
- Do a small give away campaign
- Changes titles
- Add sub headings
- Add more images and videos
- Check Analytics to see your website is doing in Google.
- Write a post on how you ended up being a blogger
- Search Quora and answer few questions that is related to your content.
- Throw some high paying keywords to your post.
- Remove nbsp codes from your HTML in blogspot.
5. Find what people are talking in Quora
5. Do SEO Audit
There are many free SEO audit tools that will help you to generate SEO audit of your site. Free Google Analytics Intelligence Beta Insights can help you to start the analysis and trend of visitors of the website. From that you understand the SEO gaps in your site and try to correct it. You can correct it by your own or post a job in freelancing sites. Use SEMrush to do an SEO Audit and inf out how to improve rankings. Activate SEMrush free trial.
How to increase website traffic for free
I am pretty sure that you have gone to many "guide sites" and read a lot about increasing sessions in blogger. Mostly all their content remains the same.
Their killer strategies would be like get a responsive design website, get original good quality content, get proper keywords, get as many back links, get higher page speed etc. Does these strategies matter? Yes, it does.
But there are other very important tactics that one can apply in blogging which will result in sudden increase in traffic and sessions. Those tactics will not be revealed because that will ruin them itself. I am sharing 5 Secret Strategies to Increase Sessions in Blogger.
1. Use AdWord Keyword Planner to Write Blog Post Titles.AdWord provides a free Keyword Planner to find keywords for putting ads. You can write a title of the post first and go to the site. Type the title in the keyword box and click on get ideas. A list of specific keywords will generate related to the typed title. The generated keywords are user typed keywords in Google. Check keyword ideas and Ad group ideas and select keywords that have low competition and high average monthly searches. This will surely generate more site traffic than ever.
2. Generate Free Site Report using Think With GoogleThink with Google is a new service by Google to check the mobile friendliness of a site. shipmethis.com has 96 out of 100 in mobile friendliness, 88 in mobile speed and 89 in desktop speed. Check your site and generate site report and find out gaps. To generate more traffic to site, mobile friendliness is a must.
|Think with Google Report|
There are many sites that are stuffed with promotions, large banner ads, survey below posts, chat box in sidebar, pop up boxes for fb likes etc.
3. Reduce Promotions/Ads
Imagine difficulties of a user to read the content in the site.
- First user has to wait for the website to load
- Then click on the "close" button in pop up ad / subscription box
- Then scroll down to see the post title as the banner ad is covering the content
- Adjust scrolling to get the sharing buttons out of the content.
- While reading the text, a chat box will appear, then that has to be closed
- End of the content, a survey box will appear.
- End of post, author will ask to subscribe or comment.
It is better to keep minimal ads and promotions and keep all other excessive promotions at bay. It is visually better to have white space in the site as it will relax the user very much. I am pretty sure about it.
Some of the sites have many broken links, dead links, redirects, HTML and CSS errors, no screen orientation, no readable fonts etc. These errors has be corrected or minimized to generate more traffic to the site. It is always good keep the user in a single window and provide content in that. There are sites that fragmented the content into multiple posts. So user have to go to next post, next post and next post to read the entire content. This will reduce engagement of user and reduce traffic.
4. No Errors Policy is the Best Policy
Google Analytics is great platform to understand how traffic is generated and conversion rate. Analytics shows user demographics and interests which are useful in generating more traffic.
5. Implement Analytics and Use Info-graphics
Info-graphics is a very important secret strategy which lots of bloggers use to increase traffic to their site. See below info-graphic which I have made for this post.
|5 Secret Strategies to Generate More Site Traffic|
Even though it takes some time to make one, they are an asset for your blog or site. Usually these info-graphics get shared more than the post.
1. SERP CheckerSERP means Search Engine Results Page and SERP tool check ranking of keyword of a domain in Google. Type your domain name and region and then enter keywords one by one. Then click the green colour button to get the results. SERP details will appear in the adjacent box.
Understand How Search Works is also a great resource to understand how a search happens in search engines. 3 steps for Google freshness update is a great article which talks about what is meant by freshness update.
part of search results to know more about snippets and search results. Have a free SEO checklist to get started for small bloggers.
5. Clean CSSClean CSS tool will help to remove white spaces between CSS codes and minify. This will increase the loading speed of teh website.
line break tool for removing white spaces.
7. Free SEO Responsive TemplatesColorlib.com shares 30 free responsive templates for blogger. W3layouts.com share Aditii E commerce free template and newbloggerthemes.com share another Groovy template for blogger.
10. Learn CSS and HTML coding Easily - CSS Desk offers CSS Sandbox where you can learn CSS coding and HTML very Easily.
11. Learn SEO and techniques - Tutorialspoint offers free pdf version of Learn SEO tutorial. Its a great way to start learning about SEO.
12. SEO tool for browsers - SEObook offers rank checker, SEO toolbar and SEO tool for Mozilla Firefox.
13. Back link Tracker - Back link tracker will track all the internal and external links. Backlink watch is an excellent tool for this.
14. Back link Maker - Small SEO tools provides free backi link maker tool that will be useful to get some new back links for small bloggers.
15. Keyword Generator Tool - SEO centro offers a good keyword generator tool that will help bloggers to find out relevant and popular keywords fast. 40+ free methods for keyword research from Warrior forum is also a great option to look for.
16. Free URL submission tool - The URL submission tool by Submit express will submit the URL or link to Yahoo, Google and MSN search engines to be indexed.
17. Google Rich Snippets Testing Tool - Google Rich Snippets Testing Tool by Saney will let you to make a Google search result snippet and show the result. You can copy and paste the meta code to the template and see how snippet is working in Google.
Other Popular SEO tools
- SEO Moz
- Article Forge
- Warrior Forum
- Amazon Prime
Kindly spend 5 seconds to share this post