Their killer strategies would be like get a responsive design website, get original good quality content, get proper keywords, get as many back links, get higher page speed etc. Does these strategies matter? Yes, it does.
But there are other very important tactics that one can apply in blogging which will result in sudden increase in traffic and sessions. Those tactics will not be revealed because that will ruin them itself. I am sharing 5 Secret Strategies to Increase Sessions in Blogger.
free Keyword Planner to find keywords for putting ads. You can write a title of the post first and go to the site. Type the title in the keyword box and click on get ideas. A list of specific keywords will generate related to the typed title. The generated keywords are user typed keywords in Google. Check keyword ideas and Ad group ideas and select keywords that have low competition and high average monthly searches. This will surely generate more site traffic than ever.
2. Generate Free Site Report using Think With GoogleThink with Google is a new service by Google to check the mobile friendliness of a site. shipmethis.com has 96 out of 100 in mobile friendliness, 88 in mobile speed and 89 in desktop speed. Check your site and generate site report and find out gaps. To generate more traffic to site, mobile friendliness is a must.
|Think with Google Report|
There are many sites that are stuffed with promotions, large banner ads, survey below posts, chat box in sidebar, pop up boxes for fb likes etc.
3. Reduce Promotions/Ads
Imagine difficulties of a user to read the content in the site.
- First user has to wait for the website to load
- Then click on the "close" button in pop up ad / subscription box
- Then scroll down to see the post title as the banner ad is covering the content
- Adjust scrolling to get the sharing buttons out of the content.
- While reading the text, a chat box will appear, then that has to be closed
- End of the content, a survey box will appear.
- End of post, author will ask to subscribe or comment.
It is better to keep minimal ads and promotions and keep all other excessive promotions at bay. It is visually better to have white space in the site as it will relax the user very much. I am pretty sure about it.
Some of the sites have many broken links, dead links, redirects, HTML and CSS errors, no screen orientation, no readable fonts etc. These errors has be corrected or minimized to generate more traffic to the site. It is always good keep the user in a single window and provide content in that. There are sites that fragmented the content into multiple posts. So user have to go to next post, next post and next post to read the entire content. This will reduce engagement of user and reduce traffic.
4. No Errors Policy is the Best Policy
Google Analytics is great platform to understand how traffic is generated and conversion rate. Analytics shows user demographics and interests which are useful in generating more traffic.
5. Implement Analytics and Use Info-graphics
Info-graphics is a very important secret strategy which lots of bloggers use to increase traffic to their site. See below info-graphic which I have made for this post.
|5 Secret Strategies to Generate More Site Traffic|
Even though it takes some time to make one, they are an asset for your blog or site. Usually these info-graphics get shared more than the post.
If you like this post, SUBSCRIBE to shipmethis.com.
Kindly spend 5 seconds to share this post