Can you resign by sending an email. Well, it depends on the policies of the company. If the policy allow you to do that, you should resign via email.
Example of Formal Resignation Email Message
I wanted to resign immediately and I was very discouraged in the job. Obviously I should have written all my frustration in my resignation email and you are expecting something like that only. But it was not like that. Here is the resignation email that I sent to her.
Subject: Resignation Letter
This an example of resignation email. The above example of resignation letter is missing many needed points. Check the missing points below.
How to Write a Professional Resignation Email Message1. A professional Resignation Email Message will have subject, notice period, reason of leaving the job and title.
2. If you have an HR department, do CC them in the resignation email.
3. Mention the notice period in the email and mention to consider to notice period from the date of this email.
4. A date is essential in the resignation letter. Mention the date that you are leaving the company. This will help your employer to do hire someone else before you leave and do the handover.
5. Dont write so much details. Be as generic and brief as possible. Too much details spoils the resignation letter.
6. Show gratitude towards the employer. Thank him/her for the consideration and support [even if the boss was crap]
7. Offer Assistance to the company that in future you may be able to contribute your skills.
8. If you are going out to some other company soon, then you can mention a line saying that, please contact me in this email ID in future.
Some mention to ask for details of paycheck or compensation in this email. I wont suggest it. You can do follow up emails to do this. Make sure the resignation letter serves its purpose.